To listen to the message, click here.
Here are some highlights from the message. If you share any of these on your social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) please use this link as a reference: http://ow.ly/myooT
- God is not surprised by the things that blindside us.
- All true joy finds its source in Jesus. You wanna stop worrying? Think about Jesus.
- Live out of your theology, not out of your anxiety.
- Bottom line: worry is a subtle distrust of God.
- Whatever we are going to face in life is nothing compared to what He has defeated.
- When you pray about your worry, you act as if God is God. When you hang on to your worry, you act as if you are God.
- Continual worry is a form of prayer to the god of self.
- Be still, and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10a
- I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
- Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16
- Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:6-7
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27