Listen to the message
Here are some highlights from the message. If you share any of these on your social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) please use this link as a reference: http://ow.ly/mZk4o
- In Christ, men are free to be masculine and women are free to be feminine.
- Men and women are to collaborate and complement each other so that God's work is done.
- When discussing gender issues, the Bible never works from current culture, it goes back to Genesis.
- Men and women were created differently because there were different things God wanted them to do.
- Men and women are completely equal in worth and dignity but functionally different.
- God made Eve because Adam couldn't be an image-bearer of a trinitarian "God in community" by himself.
- Men, you are the pastor of your home.
- Men, you don't work as a punishment for sin. You work because God created you to work.
- Men and women are to both be in interdependent community.
- Men, your hope is not in your wife. Women, your hope is not in your husband. It is in Christ.
If this message has been encouraging (or challenging) for you, Redeemer is currently offering three classes that will work through a lot of these difficult ideas during the summer. Leave a comment at the bottom of this post if you're interested in signing up for any of these:
Post a Comment