Big Idea: Genuine belief in the gospel leads to genuine repentance.
From: "Restore: Moving God Back To The Center - A Series from Ezra & Nehemiah"
Here are some highlights from the message. If you share any of these on your social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) please use this link as a reference: http://ow.ly/JwQ6x
- The gospel is not about what sinners can do for God, but what God has already done for sinners through Christ.
- Sin robs us of Jesus and gives us a shabby substitute in his place.
- Anyone who doesn't get serious about sin has lost sight of how serious God got about sin.
- Belief in the gospel is what changes our minds about sin.
- In the moment of temptation, you must look past it to the cross.
- Sin is always God-ward. Any and all sin is against God.
- As your heart for Jesus enlarges, your hunger for sin diminishes.
- If our repentance is motivated by the gospel, we are free to own our sin.