Big Idea: Repentance counts the cost; but it always counts Christ as more valuable.
From: "Restore: Moving God Back To The Center"
Here are some highlights from the message. If you share any of these on your social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) please use this link as a reference: http://ow.ly/KZPTH
- Some things in the Bible are hard because we don't understand them. Some things are hard because we do.
- Our sin never stays our sin. There's always collateral damage.
- Repentance starts by seeing God's desire in the Word and comparing our lives to it.
- Just as sin can spread, so too repentance can spread.
- God is not just interested in you feeling bad about your sin, he wants you to make wrong things right.
- When we begin to take God seriously, we begin to take sin seriously.
- Repentance at the heart level isn't fundamentally about following your sin less and following God more. It's about loving your sin less and loving God more.
- Repentance is hard when all you look at is the sin you're giving up for God. It's so much easier when you look at what God gave up for you.