Big Idea: When we have the Father's heart, we do what the Father does. When we do what the Father does, we have the Father's help.
From: "Restore: Moving God Back To The Center - A Series from Ezra & Nehemiah"
Here are some highlights from the message. If you share any of these on your social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) please use this link as a reference: http://ow.ly/JcJHu
- A lot of times we tell God by the way we live "I don't need you".
- Fasting intentionally disrupts the ordinary rhythm of our lives to invite the extraordinary power of the Father into our hearts.
- Fasting reminds us of our need for God.
- Fasting means intentionally setting aside something you need to say "God I need you more".
- When we fast, we put Him first. We put God in the place of that need.
- We don't fast to please God. We fast to hear God.
- We don't do what God wants because we don't have the Father's heart. When we get the Father's heart, we do what God wants.