Big Idea: Rest is necessary to stick with your priorities.
From: "It's Time"
Here are some highlights from the message. If you share any of these on your social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) please use this link as a reference:
- The longer we carry the burdens of life without turning to God for rest, the more numb and wearied we become.
- When we look for rest apart from God, we are looking in all the wrong places.
- Christ is the Lord of the Sabbath and the Lord of rest. If we have not experienced rest, then we have not gone to Jesus.
- When we rest, we stand back and enjoy God and the work God has done for us.
- When we remember the Sabbath, we remember the perfect, complete work Jesus accomplished on the cross.
- We need freedom from a life that is unraveling to a life held together by the gospel.
- God did not rest because he was fatigued but because he was finished.
- More than a commandment, the Sabbath is a gift.
- You may say you don't have time to take a Sabbath. In fact, you don't have time not to take one.
Restless by Audrey Assad