Big Idea: Marriage exists to demonstrate God's love to a self-serving world.
From Who Do You Think You Are?: A sermon series on Ephesians
Here are some highlights from the message. If you share any of these on your social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) please use this link as a reference: http://ow.ly/sLM25
- When we love like Jesus, it reveals the power, wisdom, and goodness of God.
- "Submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ" means giving yourself for the other person in the relationship out of regard for Christ.
- Husbands and wives, you aren't competing. You're on the same team.
- Sacrificial love in marriage, in your family, in your job, in life, means looking beyond the person in front of you and responding to Christ.
- Wives give themselves up by respectfully following their husband's leadership.
- Husbands give themselves up by sacrificially serving their wives.
Visit Laura Kauffman's blog to read her post, "Submit, Woman!" which Lee made reference to in his message.