Since we didn't have church on Sunday, I'm posting the Community Group Questions here. You should also receive and email from your group leader with them attached.
Community Group Questions
Week of Feb. 5, 2012
1. How would you describe you and your siblings? (For example, who is the “obedient one”? Who is the “wild one”? or what label would you give them?)
2. Read Luke 15:11-32. What is one verse, thought, or question that stood out?
3. Who do you think was wrong in this story? Who do you think was right? Explain.
4. What was the younger son's attitude toward the father at the beginning of the story? And what do you think motivated his decision to distance himself from the father? What was the older son's attitude toward the father at the end of the story? And what do you think motivated his decision to distance himself from the father?
5. In what ways are the rebellion of the younger son and the older son different? In what ways are they similar?
6. Read 15:2. How does this parable address the Pharisees and their question? What point do you think Jesus was trying to make to them?
7. Why does Jesus leave the story open-ended as to how the elder brother responded to his father’s plea?
8. In what ways are you/have you been like the younger brother? The older brother?
9. What are you celebrating this week?
10. How can we pray for you?