Big Idea: If you have been forgiven, you should be forgiving.
Here are some highlights from the message. If you share any of these on your social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) please use this link as a reference: http://ow.ly/rmLxT
- It will never cost as much for us to forgive others as it cost God to forgive us.
- Forgiveness is the cancellation of a debt by paying it or absorbing it yourself.
- Forgiveness does not neglect justice, rather it defers justice to God.
- We extend forgiveness to others not merely because it is the 'right' thing to do but because it displays gratitude for the forgiveness Jesus accomplished for us on the cross.
- See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone. 1 Thessalonians 5:15
- There is power in the Holy Spirit to help us do the things that we cannot do on our own.
- When someone sins against you, respond to the cross, not the circumstance.
- We forgive to point others toward Jesus.